Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Estimated Start Date: January 2021
Deadline for Applications: December 1, 2020
The CEELI Institute is seeking a Communications Officer to assist in creating communications content and developing communications strategies on behalf of our organization
The CO will assist in all aspects of our communication with an international audience of judges, lawyers, human rights defenders and other engaged in non-profit program delivery. The CO will assist Program Managers in production, design and delivery of program content, to specifically include assistance with the technical aspects of online program delivery. The CO will be responsible for drafting public outreach materials, maintaining the website, assisting in the design and preparation of materials, developing blog content, preparing reports, creating social media posts, tracking data analytics and maintaining digital media archives. Working with the Director of Public Outreach and Development and the Executive Director, the CO will assist in developing overall communications strategies and development campaigns for the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation and design of content for all forms of organization communication, using a variety of platforms
- Assist program staff with technical delivery of online program content; to include assistance in developing and running courses on online educational platforms, including edits of videos, technical build-up of online training sessions, and technical assistance to course participants.
- Website content management
- Organize and curate all social media for the Institute
- Preparation of Newsletters, Annual Reports and other outreach materials
- Handling all aspects of communication strategies including design, management and delivery
- Contributing to strategic planning and thought leadership within the organization on program design and implementation
- Assist with developing overall communications strategies and development campaigns for the organization.
- Seeking out and developing new sources of project funding and new grant opportunities
- Fluency in English – written and spoken (C2 or native speaker)
- Exceptional writing and proofing skills
- Prior experience in handling an organizational communications or marketing portfolio
- Sophisticated experience working with digital media and running campaigns
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Excellent computer skills particularly with software applications like Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in graphic design and presentation
- Experience with management of digital media
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Successful candidates will require either citizenship or residency in the European Union
- Previous experience in working with relevant civil society organizations in Central and Eastern Europe, and/or Eurasia.
- Digital media qualification
Please email a cover letter and resume to Cristobal Diaz at email@example.com
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic position in an international environment
- Flexible, informal, and open-minded work culture in an organization, which is respected in international community of legal professionals
- Opportunity to meet and work with interesting professionals from the around world
- Unique work environment in a historic Villa in the center of Prague
The programs will predominantly be delivered online via the CEELI Institute‘s online learning platforms. As pandemic restrictions relax, we will also resume in-person programs in Prague, as well as at offsite locations for international audiences. Ultimately, the Events and Online Learning Coordinator will have responsibilities for the delivery of both on line and in-person events.
The CEELI Institute is an independent, not-for-profit, international provider of post-graduate, professional legal education headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. Our mission is to develop and train an international network of legal professionals committed to a rule of law. Through innovative training programs and other activities, we work with judges, lawyers, civil society, government officials, and other professionals in countries building laws-based societies to support fair, transparent, and effective judicial systems, strengthen democratic institutions, combat corruption and build respect for human rights.
· Fluency in Czech and English – written and spoken
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience with online education content management
· Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
· Ability to work independently and make decisions
· Experience in organizing and implementing programs and projects
· Ability to multi-task
· Detail oriented
· Good knowledge of MS Office
· EU Citizenship or right to work in the Czech Republic
. Experience with online education platforms such as Moodle, video content management software as Panopto and video communication platforms as Zoom
· Oral and written proficiency or fluency in Russian
· College or university degree
· Experience working with not-for profit organizations, or with the travel/hotel industry or event management
· Energetic and enthusiastic person with a good sense of humor
Responsibilities will include:
· Assisting program managers in developing and running courses on online educational platforms – including edits of videos, technical build-up of online training sessions, and technical assistance to course participants
· Providing assistance to program staff with the development and implementation of international legal assistance and training projects
· Organizing travel arrangements related to in-person programs for participants and faculty. This includes arranging air tickets and reservations, handling visa procedures, communicating with Czech and other Embassies worldwide, obtaining relevant participant insurance, accommodations, airport transfers etc.
· Assisting with all aspects of program and event organization (to include preparation of supplies, materials and welcome packages, arranging the training facilities, technical equipment, catering and supporting social events, etc.)
· Responding to special needs and requests of program participants
· Assisting with other aspects of project design, management and delivery
· Assisting with tasks related to the efficient function and management of the Institute’s operations, the operation of the office and of the physical premises
· Performing other duties as needed
· Dynamic position in international environment
· Flexible, informal and open-minded work culture in an organization, which is respected in international community of legal professionals
· Opportunity to meet interesting professionals from around the world
· Competitive salary
· Long-term contract
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.