Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Estimated Start Date: September 2021
Deadline for Applications: Rolling basis
The CEELI Institute is seeking an Events Coordinator to provide assistance with all aspects of the implementation and organization of programs designed to promote the rule of law through professional trainings; programs are delivered both in Prague and at offsite locations for an international audience.
This position is project funded and is for an initial term of one year. Longer engagement is preferred, pending projects continuation.
The CEELI Institute is an independent, not-for-profit, international provider of post-graduate, professional legal education headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. Our mission is to develop and train an international network of legal professionals committed to a rule of law. Through innovative training programs and other activities, we work with judges, lawyers, civil society, government officials, and other professionals in countries building laws-based societies to support fair, transparent, and effective judicial systems, strengthen democratic institutions, combat corruption and build respect for human rights.
- Fluency in Czech and English – written and spoken
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Experience in organizing and implementing programs and projects
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and related computer programs
- EU Citizenship or right to work in the Czech Republic
- Experience with online content management and online education platforms
- Fluency in Russian
- College or university degree
- Experience working with not-for profit organizations, or with the travel/hotel industry or event management
- Energetic and enthusiastic person with a good sense of humor
Responsibilities will include:
Providing assistance to program staff with the development and implementation of international legal assistance and training projects
Organizing all travel arrangements related to our programs and other events (CEELI organizes over 50 events annually) for participants and faculty. This includes arranging air tickets and reservations, handling visa procedures, communicating with Czech and other Embassies worldwide, obtaining relevant participant insurance, accommodations, airport transfers etc.
Assisting with all aspects of program and event organization (to include preparation of supplies, materials and welcome packages, arranging the training facilities, technical equipment, catering and supporting social events, etc.)
Responding to special needs and requests of program participants
Assisting with other aspects of project design, management and delivery
Assisting with tasks related to the efficient function and management of the Institute’s operations, the operation of the office and of the physical premises.
Performing other duties as needed
- Dynamic position in international environment
- Flexible, informal and open-minded work culture in an organization which is respected in the international community of legal professionals
- Opportunity to meet interesting professionals
- Competitive salary
Please email a cover letter and resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
The CEELI Institute is an independent, not-for-profit, international provider of post-graduate, professional legal education headquartered at the Villa Grebovka, in Prague, Czech Republic. Our mission is to develop and train an international network of legal professionals committed to the rule of law. Through innovative training programs and other activities, we work with judges, lawyers, civil society, government officials, and other professionals in countries building laws-based societies to support fair, transparent, and effective judicial systems, strengthen democratic institutions, combat corruption, build respect for human rights, and promote the continuing development of market economies.
Under the direction of the Director of Programs and the Executive Director, the Program Officer will be responsible for:
· Implementing international legal assistance and training projects – predominantly working with judges in Central and Eastern Europe and in Anglophone Africa
· Handling all aspects of project design, management and delivery
· Program-related research
· Ensuring grant compliance and preparing reports to grant funders
· Preparing proposals for grants
· After travel restrictions ease, traveling as necessary to implement and monitor program activities – up to 25% of time
· Seeking out and developing new sources of project funding and new grant opportunities
· Detail oriented
· Performing other duties as needed
. Proven track record in implementing rule of law, international development or human rights projects, or other similar projects
· Experience in proposal writing
· Proven abilities in program administration, and budget management skills
· Previous experience working with legal professional or civil society in Central and Eastern Europe, and/or Anglophone Africa.
· Fluency in English – written and spoken (C2 or native speaker)
· University degree, preferably in law or international relations
· At least two years professional work experience
· Experience in design, management and implementation of international development projects
· Strong writing skills
· Czech or EU citizen, or current right to work in the Czech Republic
· Availability to travel internationally – up to 25% of time
· Dynamic position in international environment
· Flexible, informal and open-minded work culture in an organization, which is respected in international community of legal professionals
· Opportunity to meet and work with interesting professionals from the around world
· Competitive salary
· Opportunity to shape programs
· Unique work environment in a historic Villa in the centre of Prague
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Short listed candidates will also be asked to submit a writing sample for review or content, style and organization.
The CEELI Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex or sexual orientation.