Globalization of the rule of law
The mission of the CEELI Institute is to advance the rule of law in the world in order to: protect fundamental rights and individual liberties; promote transparent, incorruptible, accountable governments; lay the foundation for economic opportunity and growth; and encourage peaceful resolution of disputes.
Implementing the Mission
The Institute implements its mission by:
- providing world-class, interactive training and skills development to legal professionals and others committed to the rule of law, both at the Institute’s state-of-the-art facility in Prague and locally in other countries, as requested,
- convening professional conferences, exchanges, and retreats and serving as a private venue for international meetings discussions, and negotiations,
- continuing its historical readiness to respond promptly to emerging threats to the rule of law and a willingness to partner with other organizations that complement the Institute’s resources and further its mission,
- remaining committed to the pro bono ethic of the Institute’s founders and distinguished faculties, and
- maximizing the relevance, effectiveness, and impact of the Institute’s programs.