Watch the recording of the latest in a series of lively, non-partisan discussions across America with local thought leaders who discussed the building blocks of the rule of law and addressed questions such as:
- What is the rule of law and why is it so central to America’s democracy and prosperity?
- Who is responsible for maintaining the rule of law?
- How does a robust or weak rule of law affect our everyday lives?
Hosted by Drake University Law School and Drake Constitutional Law Center.
- Homer Moyer (Moderator), Past Chair, IBA Rule of Law Forum
- Welcome by Erin Lain, Associate Provost and Professor of Law, Drake Law School
- Carol Hunter, Executive Editor, The Des Moines Register
- Mark Kende, Director, Constitutional Law Center, Drake University Law School
- Hon. James “Jim” Leach, Former Republican Member of Congress, Iowa
- Hon. Edward Mansfield, Justice, Iowa Supreme Court