The CEELI Institute is delighted to announce a spring session of our signature anti-corruption course on the investigation and prosecution of public corruption cases. This five-day, highly interactive training provides participants with a comprehensive framework for initiating and pursuing official corruption cases. The course will take place at the Villa Grebovka in Prague the week of April 24-28, 2017, and is designed to walk participants through the investigation of a case involving official corruption. Participants will work in small groups with a hypothetical case to develop their own investigation strategy, learning to use time-tested investigative tools and develop practical skills along the way. Participant efforts are augmented by expert guidance and instruction.
Over the course of five days, students will:
• Learn to identify transactional red flags and evaluate possible cases of official corruption
• Analyze publically available information to detect signs of corruption
• Develop an investigative plan and take the first steps in pursuing their proactive investigation
• Consider what documents to access—and how to get them
• Discuss how to utilize law enforcement tools to access financial records
• Consider how to acquire and use legally collected electronic evidence
• Use invoices, payment ledgers, receipts, and travel records to support the investigation
• Undertake forensic analysis of relevant financial evidence necessary to “follow the money”
• Learn techniques for effectively conducting interviews of potential witnesses and targets
• Prepare and present a summary of their investigation, supported by the necessary evidence and considering possible defenses and challenges that would be faced at trial
• Consider non-investigative measures to prevent and expose official corruption
The Institute continues to bring together the world’s most experienced anti-corruption prosecutors, forensic accountants, and practitioners as faculty to design and teach this course.
To reserve a place or for more information, please email Barbora Jungova at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +420 606 617 643
2,450 USD – Full course and materials with lodging. Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments included.
1,900 USD – Full course and materials without lodging. Lunch and refreshments included.